- About Madurai IT Park
- Advantage of Madurai SEZ 2(Vadapalanji)
- IT Park Layout
- Details of Land
- Decisions of the Government on Madurai SEZ 2(Vadapalanji) IT park
- Invitation for Expression of Interest for Allotment of land in Madurai SEZ 2(Vadapalanji) IT Park
- Present Allottees and Lands reserved for Allottees
- Land Allotment Application
- Layout Approvals
- Land Alienated Government Order to ELCOT
- Land Allotment Government Orders (G.Os)
- Land Reclassification Approval
- Multi Storeyed Building Area Approval
- Special Economic Zone (SEZ) formal approval orders of Govt. of India
- Special Economic Zone (SEZ) notification of Govt. of India
- In the news - Press clippings about Madurai SEZ 2(Vadapalanji) IT park
- Photo Albums about Madurai SEZ 2(Vadapalanji) IT Park
- Videos about Madurai SEZ 2(Vadapalanji) IT park
- Feasibility Report
- Electricity position and allotment of land for construction of sub-station for Madurai SEZ 2(Vadapalanji) IT park
- Drinking water arrangement for Madurai SEZ 2(Vadapalanji) IT park
- Madurai is the second largest city in Tamil Nadu, next only to Chennai.
- Madurai is one of the oldest cities of India, with a history dating all the way back to Sangam period of the pre Christian era.
- During the 16th and 18th Centuries, Madurai was ruled by the Nayak Emperors, the foremost of whom was Tirumalai Nayakar.
- The Sangam period poet Nakkeerar is associated with some of the Tiruvilayaadal episodes of Sundareswarar – that are enacted as a part of temple festival traditions even today.
- The Meenakshi Amman temple of Madurai with its four massive towers is a world renowned heritage site.
- Madurai has been chosen as the destination of choice by Honey Well for its software operations. Honey Well has found out an outstanding employee loyalty and very low attrition rate in their Madurai centre.
Madurai Kamaraj University, Gandhigram Rural University, Alagappa University, Mother Teresa University.
|Engineering :||27||annual output :||10,891|
|Humanities :||130||annual output :||85,853|
|Polytechnics :||30||annual output :||8,800|
|ITI :||79||annual output :||6,502|
Air : 126 flights per week operated by Indian Airlines, Air Deccan, Paramount Airways, Jet Airways to Chennai.
Rail : Super fast express trains linking all major cities.
Road : Expressways
- NH 7:(North-south Corridor Expressway) Bangalore – Salem – Dindigul – Madurai – Tirunelveli – Kanyakumari
- NH 45B:Tiruchy – Madurai – Tuticorin
- NH 49:Madurai – Rameswaram
- NH 49 Extn:Madurai – Theni – Bodi – Cochin
Communication infrastructure :
Major ISPs :
SOFTNET (Madurai STPI), BSNL, TATA, VSNL, BHARTI, RELIANCE offering Broadband Communication facility.
Bandwidth on demand available from all telecom operators.
IT Parks/Special Economic Zones(SEZ) :
ELCOT’s SEZ in 29 acres at IIandaikulam village, Madurai North, 4 Kms from city limit. ELCOT’s Signature Tower coming up in 1.8 Sq.ft
SEZ in 213 acres at Vadapalanji village, opposite to Madurai Kamaraj University, out of 240 acres Integrated Information Technology campus. 50 acres of the IT SEZ is to be promoted through Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode to create IT space with social infrastructure.
Private SEZ :
30.82 Hectare SEZ developed by RR Industries, Chennai.
Athisayam theme park, an amusement water theme park Cosmopolitan Club and Union Club
Many of the country’s best healthcare providers have a strong presence. The city is already a medical tourism destination. Madurai has the second largest Medical College in Tamil Nadu.
Kodaikanal, a serene hill station, 120 kms from Madurai; Thekkadi, a wild life sanctuary 155 kms from Madurai and Munnar, another hill station are excellent getaways from the hustle and bustle of the city life.
239.58 Acres of land with International Eco-System at Vadapalanji & villages. Out of 239.58 acres of SEZ 176.21 Acres in Processing Zone, 37.37 Acres in Non-Processing Zone and 26 Acres of Non-SEZ.
Invitation for Expression of Interest for Allotment of land in Madurai SEZ II IT Park
|SI No.||Name of the Company||Extent of Land in Acres|
|1||M/s. Caliber Point||5|
|3||M/s.Health Plan System (I) Ltd||2|
Land Allotment Application
Applications are invited from IT/ITES Companies which have a clear roadmap for Export based business for allotment of land in the above mentioned IT Park / SEZ promoted by Government of Tamil Nadu through ELCOT (A Government of Tamil Nadu Undertaking). Electronic Manufacturing Companies with an export agenda may also apply.
ELCOT has set a standard that its IT Parks will have a six lane roads inside. The IT Parks have been designed with an international eco system such as quality housing, hotel, school, shopping mall etc.
Application should be accompanied by a statement in a prescribed format.
|Location||Available Land Area||Land cost per acre
(on 99 year leasehold basis) (Rs. In lakhs)
22.5 Acres in SEZ
b. Eligibility Criteria
- Should be an existing IT/ITES Electronic Manufacturing Company with minimum of 3 years existence in India / Abroad.
- Only 100% export business.
- Plan of action/time frame for construction and commencement of operations within three years
- Preference will be given to high value added activities and human intensive activities of software development and services.
- Copies of balance sheet, documentary evidence of number and categories of staff employed and turnover to be enclosed. applications, duly signed by the authorized signatory, should reach ELCOT's office. Allotment will be based on first come first served basis subject to fulfilling eligibility norms. Kindly ensure that supporting document such as company annual reports, balance sheet etc are enclosed.
Land Allotment Government Orders for Madurai SEZ 2 -Vadapalanji
Click here to view Press Clippings
Click here to view the Photo Album
230 KV Sub-Station. Area: 14 Acres of Land.