- About Tirunelveli IT Park
- Advantage of Tirunelveli IT Park
- IT Park Layout
- Details of Land
- Decisions of the Government on Tirunelveli IT park
- Invitation for Expression of Interest for Allotment of land in Tirunelveli IT Park
- Present Allottees and Lands reserved for Allottees
- Land Allotment Application
- Layout Approvals
- Land Alienated Government Order to ELCOT
- Land Allotment Government Orders (G.Os)
- Land Reclassification Approval
- Multi Storeyed Building Area Approval
- Special Economic Zone (SEZ) formal approval orders of Govt. of India
- Special Economic Zone (SEZ) notification of Govt. of India
- In the news - Press clippings about Tirunelveli IT park
- Photo Albums about Tirunelveli IT Park
- Videos about Tirunelveli IT park
- Feasibility Report
- Electricity position and allotment of land for construction of sub-station for Tirunelveli IT park
- Drinking water arrangement for Tirunelveli IT park
Welcome to Tirunelveli District, the penultimate southern most district of Tamil Nadu, is described as a microcosm of the State. Tirunelveli is known as "South Indian Oxford" for it's high quality of education facilities. The district has diverse geographical and physical features such as lofty mountains and low plains, rivers and cascades, seacoast and thick inland forest, sandy soils and fertile alluvium, a variety of flora, fauna, and protected wild life.
Tirunelveli is twin city consisting of Tirunelveli and Palayamkottai. Tirunelveli city hosts commercial establishments and Palayamkottai hosts Residential and Educational Institutions.
- Tirunelveli is situated on the banks of the river Thamiraparani.
- Kanniyakumari is 75 kms from Tirunelveli. An hour's drive on the NH
- Tuticorn port is situated at 45 kms distance.
- Airport at 30 minute driving distance.
- Thiruvananthapuram International Airport is two and half an hour Driving distance from Tirunelveli.
- Madurai is at two and half an hour driving distance from Tirunelveli .
- Multi-speciality hospitals available in the city
- Power Grid Corporation, Wind Mill Energy, Thermal power Generation provides surplus power for entire Tirunelveli Region.
Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Anna University,Tirunelveli.
|Engineering:||25||Annual output :||10,711|
|Humanities :||61||Annual output :||30,500|
|Polytechnics :||25||Annual output :||5,525|
|ITI :||63||Annual output :||4,279|
Thoothukudi airport is 30 Minutes drive from Tirunelveli. Air Deccan operates daily flight to Chennai. Thiruvananthapuram International Airport and Madurai Airport are two and half an hour drive from Tirunelveli..
Trivandrum International Airport :
34 International flights to Kuwait, Singapore, Maldives ,Colombo, Sharjah, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Jeddah, UAE, Doha, Dubai, Riyadh, Abudhabi, Al Ain, Muscat and Salalah, operated by Air Arabia, Air India, Air-India Express, Air Sahara, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Gulf Air, Gulf Traveller, Mihin Lanka, Oman Air, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, Silkair and SriLankan Airlines. 34 domestic flights to Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai, Kochi, Kozhikode, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Tiruchy and Hyderabad operated by Air Deccan, Air Indai, Air India Express, Air Sahara, Jet Airways, Indian, King Fisher and Paramount Airways.
Rail : Super fast trains linking all major cities.
Road : The city is connected to Madurai by NH7 Expressway. The city is also connected by Road with Trivandrum(101kms) and all major cities in India.
Communication infrastructure :
2000 kms of BSNL Optical Fibre cable linking all parts of the district.
Major ISPs :
SOFTNET(STPI),BSNL,TATA VSNL, BHARTI, RELIANCE offering Broadband Communication facility. Bandwidth on demand available from all telecom operators.
IT Parks/Special Economic Zones(SEZ) :
Gangaikondan : 500 acres of Integrated Information Technology Campus with international Eco system.
Courtallam Water Falls, Koothankulam Bird Sanctuary, Krishnapuram Temple(Intricate Sculptures), Manimuthar Dam.
Hospitals with Modern Medical facilities are located in Tirunelveli. The city also has a Medical College.
Kalakkadu-Mundanthurai wild life sanctuary, Papanasam Agasthiyar Falls, Kanyakumari Beach, Kovalam Beach, Thekkady.
The IT Park is formed in a total extent of 500 acres of land. An area of 390 acres has been allotted to IT/ITES industries.
Social infra-structures such as schools, hotels, hospitals,Mall, Club and residential area formed in 110 acres.
An extent of 100 acres has already been approved as IT specific SEZ.
Invitation for Expression of Interest for Allotment of land in Tirunelveli IT Park
|SI No.||Name of the Company||Extent of Land in Acres|
|2||Deccan Services Pvt. Ltd||2|
|3||A&D Cosmic Power Pvt. Ltd||25|
Land Allotment Application
Applications are invited from IT/ITES Companies which have a clear roadmap for Export based business for allotment of land in the above mentioned IT Park / SEZ promoted by Government of Tamil Nadu through ELCOT (A Government of Tamil Nadu Undertaking). Electronic Manufacturing Companies with an export agenda may also apply. ELCOT has set a standard that its IT Parks will have a six lane roads inside. The IT Parks have been designed with an international eco system such as quality housing, hotel, school, shopping mall, helipad etc. Application should be accompanied by a statement in a prescribed format.
Download Application for allotment of IT space form
a. Land per acre Cost
|Location||Available Land Area||Land cost per acre(on 99 year leasehold basis) (Rs. In lakhs)|
b. Eligibility Criteria
- Should be an existing IT/ITES Electronic Manufacturing Company with minimum of 3 years existence in India / Abroad.
- Only 100% export business.
- Plan of action/time frame for construction and commencement of operations within three years
- Preference will be given to high value added activities and human intensive activities of software development and services.
- Copies of balance sheet, documentary evidence of number and categories of staff employed and turnover to be enclosed.
- applications, duly signed by the authorised signatory, should reach ELCOT's office on or before 25th April 2008.
- Allotment will be based on first come first served basis subject to fulfilling eligibility norms. Kindly ensure that supporting document such as company annual reports, balance sheet etc are enclosed.
Land Allotment Government Order No: 26
Click here to view Press Clippings
A 133/11 KVA substation is now available abutting the IT Park site.
An area of 12.92 acres has been allocated in the IT Park site for commissioning a 230/33 KV substation with 4 X 50 MVA power Transformer.