The Honourable Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Thiru M.K.Stalin, launched the “Tamil Nadu Data Centre Policy 2021” at the inaugural session of CII Connect 21, on November 26, 2021 in the presence of Thiru K.N.Nehru, Honourable Minister for Municipal Administration and Thiru T.Mano Thangaraj, Honourable Minister for Information Technology, Dr. Neeraj Mittal, IAS, Principal Secretary to Government of Tamil Nadu, Department of Information Technology, Thiru Ajay Yadav, IAS, Managing Director, ELCOT.
“Tamil Nadu Data Centre Policy 2021” aims to make to Tamil Nadu the choice for investors in the Data Centres. The policy is applicable to all data centres setup after 01.04.21 and applicable till 31.03.26
Its salient features include
• Electricity at industrial tariff,
• Use of green energy/green certification,
• Allows multi-level generator stacking,
• Stamp duty and fiscal incentives on land/building,
• Dual power,
• Higher boundary walls,
• Installation of chillers on roof tops without including in FSI,
• No zoning restrictions,
• No floor to ceiling restrictions
• Lower car parking and window requirements,
• Fiscal training incentive for 6 months
• Specific for Data Centre operations.
• Subsidy to MSME units for services to data centres.
To view the “Tamil Nadu Data Centre Policy 2021”, pleaseClick Here