Single Window Facilitation for IT Parks / IT Buildings
Private IT Buildings other than own Occupation
As per G.O. Ms. No.13 Information Technology Department dated 16.8.2002 Government has designated ELCOT as the Certifying Authority for purpose of Development of IT Parks and for availing exemption from FSI and other norms from the CMDA.
The Norms for the IT Building prescribed vide G.O. Ms. No. 15 Information Technology Dept. dated 21.07.2004 is as follows:
- The IT building should have feeder grid supply with adequate back up capacity The Building should have provision for Housing remote switching unit of a communication
- Provider with redundancy. The bandwidth should not be less than 2 Mbps.
- The IT building should also have a satellite/Micro wave back up data connectivity.
- The plot area on which such IT building is located must be minimum of 2000 square meters.
- The companies occupying the IT building should IT companies as defined in IT Policy 2002 of Tamil Nadu. 80% of the built up area should be occupied by IT/ITES units. For this purpose a registration with STPI/EOU/appropriate license with communication provider will be adequate.
- For domestic companies a quarterly report to be furnished to ELCOT.