Under the National e-Governance Action Plan (NeGP), Tamil Nadu State Data Centre (TNSDC) has been established as the core and critical infrastructure for the roll out and delivery of secured e-Governance services of the State.
TNSDC enables State Government Departments and their agencies to host their applications, services and servers on a common, secured and controlled infrastructure aiming at ease of integration and efficient management. TNSDC provides operations and management control efficiently and aims to minimize overall cost of data management, IT management, deployment, power requirement and other costs.
1. Tamil Nadu State Data Centre 1 (TNSDC 1)
TNSDC 1 has 150 racks in the first floor, 12 racks in the Ground floor (expansion) the other extended data centers. TNSDC 1 is the first ISO certified State Data Centre in the country (First Certification obtained on 21.02.2012).TNSDC 1 is operational from 01.08.2011 with overall budget outlay of Rs.138Cr. As of now, more than 318 Applications / Services are hosted in TNSDC 1 as co-location/co-hosting and cloud hosting model.
Security Architecture for TNSDC
A high level security architecture framework has been implemented at TNSDC to ensure data protection of all the Government Applications / Services. TNSDC has been secured with Security information and Event Management (SIEM) tool. Onsite Vulnerability assessment & Penetration Testing (VA&PT) also has been provisioned in TNSDC. Security Architecture for TNSDC
2.Tamil Nadu State Data Centre 2 (TNSDC 2)
TNSDC II, the second phase of TNSDC was established at a budget of Rs. 74.7Crore and commenced its Operations & Management on 07.09.2020 with 35 Racks Space initially. The Data Centre can accommadate 138 racks and its modular design supports seamless scale-up.
As on date 56 Racks are commissioned and reached almost 100% utilisation. The Data Centre is further expanded with an additional 56 Rack space. More than 50 application of Go TN departments are hosted at TNSDC II.
Salient Features of TNDRC:
- Facilitated to have a mirror image of the applications / data hosted in TNSDC.
- Designed, built and maintained as per Tier II standards.
- Reliable, robust and secured infrastructure for e-Delivery of services on a 24 X 7 basis in the event of disaster at TNSDC.
- Established in a different seismic zone.
- Ensures Business Continuity of various e-Governance applications hosted at TNSDC on demand.
- TNDRC also addresses the co-location requirements of the Departments, which opt for co-location at Thiruchirapalli.