The Government of India approved the Scheme for establishing State Wide Area Network (SWAN) on 31.03.2005. Under this Scheme, technical and financial assistance were provided to the States/Union Territories (UTs) for establishing SWANs to connect all the State/UT Headquarters up to the Block level via District, in a vertical hierarchical structure. Tamil Nadu State Wide Area Network (TNSWAN) is one among the e-Governance infrastructure created under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). Government offices connected through TNSWAN can access servers hosted at Tamil Nadu State Data Centre (TNSDC) through secured and reliable manner. TNSWAN is a shared scheme between the State and the Central Governments.
Salient Features of TNDRC:
- Facilitated to have a mirror image of the applications / data hosted in TNSDC.
- Designed, built and maintained as per Tier II standards.
- Reliable, robust and secured infrastructure for e-Delivery of services on a 24 X 7 basis in the event of disaster at TNSDC.
- Established in a different seismic zone.
- Ensures Business Continuity of various e-Governance applications hosted at TNSDC on demand.
- TNDRC also addresses the co-location requirements of the Departments, which opt for co-location at Thiruchirapalli.