TN CLOUD SERVICES
Cloud computing enables ubiquitous access to shared pools of configurable system resources and higher-level services for rapidly provisioning of e-Governance applications with minimal management. TN Cloud has been established at TNSDC. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) are being offered, including open source software stack. More than 50 Applications / Services are hosted in TN Cloud and it is in operation from 01.03.2016 at an out lay of Rs.11.39 crores.
Features and facility of CLOUD @ TNSDC:
- Availability of on demand infrastructure for hosting the application.
- Improving infrastructure utilization with multiple Virtual machines (VMs) on a single host.
- Allowing applications to leverage the power to scale up and scale down instances as per the demand cycle.
- Reducing the time required for the provisioning of Virtual Machines (VMs) through pre defined templates.
- Allowing departments to deploy applications faster.
- Ability to provide additional computing resources like CPU, RAM, Storage and OS whenever demand arises in production.
- Rapid elasticity and dynamic scalability of computing resources.
- Virtual machines (VMs) will be created and provided as per the requirement.
- Operating Systems (OS) Redhat Linux and Windows will be provided to Virtual machines running on hypervisors Red Hat Enterprise Virtualisation (RHEV) and Hyper Virtualisation (Hyper V).
- Open source stack also can be deployed in open source hypervisor.
- Department can also bring in their OS with support, based on the compatibility matrix of the hypervisors.
- Host Intrusion and Prevention System (HIPS) and Antivirus software will be provided for the VMs.
- Up time of VMs will be monitored on 24x7 basis.
- Hypervisor level clustering is enabled to provide High Availability (HA) for VMs.
- Cloud operator will do OS hardening in co-ordination with user department.